Helping kids over 50 years because of your help
Our home receives very little financial support from the Mexican government.
For over 50 years we have operated on the generous donations of our friends.
Thank you for your gifts. They are a continuous encouragement to us!
Two ways to give:
Donate through Paypal or credit card
US Tax ID# 201522752
Mail checks, money order, cash, items
El Sauzal Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 154
Auburn, WA 98071-0154
A few notes:
- Please make checks payable to “El Sauzal Foundation” and not Home for Children or Orphanage.
- We are able to accept credit card donations online.
- If you would like to designate your gift, contact our treasurer Roger Christianson.
- When donating, do not specify an individual to give the money to. If you specify an individual, per IRS form 526, your donation is not tax-deductible.
Does it make a difference if I give to El Sauzal Home for Children or El Sauzal Foundation?
Yes, if you want to receive a tax deduction. The foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity registered in the US to help raise funds for our home; foundation donations are tax-deductible. El Sauzal Home for Children is a Mexican corporation and is not eligible for non-profit status in the US; donations to our home are not tax-deductible.
Mail directly to our home
For a non tax-deductible donation to our home, send to:
Hogar Para Niños Necesitados Del Sauzal A.C.
P.O. Box 6426
Chula Vista, CA 91909-6426
Other ways to give
Amazon donates 0.5% of your purchase
1. Click here and select the organization to donate to: “El Sauzal Foundation Inc.”
2. Shop for your items. Most items that Amazon sells are available through AmazonSmile.
3. Each time you shop through Amazon, shop at smile.amazon.com for donations to be made to El Sauzal Foundation, Inc.
Adding AmazonSmile app to your iPhone
- Access and sign-in to Amazon Smile using Safari browser (smile.amazon.com)
- Once signed-in, at the bottom of the screen, click the “share” icon
- Choose “Share to: Home Screen” and click “Add”. This will put the icon on your phone home screen, making it a one-click access in the future.
Use your online bill pay system to donate automatically
1. Create a new Payee, called El Sauzal Foundation, Inc.
2. Your bill pay system may ask for an account number, but you can bypass this step. All that is required is the Payee and the Payee’s Address.
3. Enter the Payee’s Address:
P.O. Box 154
Auburn, WA 98071-0154
4. Select the El Sauzal Foundation, Inc. from the Payee List.
5. Fill in the amount to be donated and process the request. The bank will mail a check to the Foundation.
6. Once you are set up, you can make recurring donations if you choose.
Use the link below to give monthly thru your credit card. Email with any questions.
Double your gift
If your workplace has a matching giving program, you may be able to double your donation.
Some companies that match:
- Illinois Tool Works Foundation Matching Gift Program
- Northrop Grumman
- United Way of the Columbia – Willamette
Leave a legacy
The following are examples of the three types of outright gift provisions. The sample language is intended to be used for educational purposes. We encourage you to share this information with your legal counsel, and undertake estate planning with the consultation of an attorney.
A specific bequest gives a specific item or specific piece of property to The El Sauzal Foundation. Such bequests are fulfilled first, before cash and residuary bequests. If the donor disposes of the specified property during his or her lifetime, there will be no bequest to The El Sauzal Foundation.
• I give ________________ (describe asset) to The El Sauzal Foundation, a California non-profit corporation.
A cash bequest provides The El Sauzal Foundation with a specified sum of money from a donor’s estate. These bequests are fulfilled second, after specific and before residuary bequests.
• I give _____ Dollars ($_____) to The El Sauzal Foundation, a California non-profit corporation.
A residuary bequest is made from the residue, or what remains in a donor’s estate after specific and cash bequests, taxes, settlement costs and debts are satisfied. This type of bequest is sensitive to changes in the size of the estate over time.
• I give the residue (or _____ percent of the residue) of my estate to The El Sauzal Foundation, a California non-profit corporation.