We have exciting news: For the first time in our history, your donation on GivingTuesday, December 1, 2020 will be matched! Thanks to special donors, the first $5,000 of gifts will be doubled.
What are the donations for?
We need food! We are short of the things normally you purchase at the grocery store – perishables, nonperishables, toiletries, cleaning supplies, etc. Typically we have visitors every month from the United States and Mexico who bring food to our home. This has almost completely stopped due to COVID. We also have several amazing food and supply deliveries in December that can’t happen as they normally would.
- Every June and December, friends from Placentia Presbyterian Church in southern California bring tons of rice, beans, and flour – sometimes more than 20 tons. It is enough food to feed our home, other orphanages, and families throughout the community for half a year. They have blessed us and our community for more than 40 years!! This year they are sending finances to purchase rice, beans, and flour, but with the challenges of the pandemic, it will be a much smaller amount of food than in the past.
- For over a decade, 2 amigos from San Diego have come in December to fill our cupboards and freezer with several months-worth of food, meat, cleaning supplies, toiletries and so much more. Although they are not able to come this year, they are offering the matching donation.
How can I help?
- Donate online here. Want to know how much we’ve raised? We will be posting updates on Facebook and Instagram throughout the day.
- Share this opportunity with your friends and family on Instagram and Facebook.
- Pray for our home during the pandemic. We are staying healthy and safe, but this a very challenging time.
What is GivingTuesday?
● GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past nine years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
● At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people together across the globe. Generosity gives everyone the power to make a positive change in the lives of others and is a fundamental value anyone can act on.
Muchas gracias for your prayers and generosity!